I know this would never be allowed by the Powers That Be, but it's a fun thought...
Having been a member of the SCA, a solution to airline hijacking became apparent.
Belaying pins were the original quick release fastener used on square rig sailing ships. They were the forerunner of cleats used to temporarily attach a rope. They had some secondary uses as well. If you needed to throw a line to another vessel, you could tie it as a weight to assist throwing the line farther.
The other use is what I had in mind. It was useful as a short club. I'm not suggesting they should be the same material. A fiber reinforced plastic resin or hard rubber material, perhaps twelve to fifteen inches long would suffice. Mounted on the back of airline seats, possibly under the tray table, they would be available to any passenger if someone became unruly. If the tray tables were detachable and had a handle on the back they could be used as a buckler as well.
Someone with a box cutter or knife wouldn't stand a chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment