Did you ever realize you HATED something within three minutes of starting something, but kept trying to make the best of it? For over three years?
I worked for the USPS about twenty years ago, during the rash of people "going postal". After the first couple of years of these reports, including one on the same office I worked in, the powers-that-be established a new safety policy to prevent that kind of thing from happening again. They set up a toll-free number for employees to call. No, not to ask for help, but to turn in fellow employees we thought MIGHT be going off the deep end.
A few weeks later I heard a report of yet another postal employee going into the office he worked at and start shooting. When I heard he shot the Street Supervisor first, then the next five employees he saw, saving the last round for himself, I found myself roaring with laughter. I knew it wasn't normal but I could understand the mindset of the guy that did it. I knew then it was time to get the Hell Out of Dodge.
I quit the next day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment